Section 227-10 of the Transient Retail Businesses Ordinance of Upper Allen Township provides regulations for solicitation & canvassing within the Township. Anyone wishing to solicit, must have a permit from the Township. Exceptions are: officers or employees of the Township, county, state or federal government, and charitable, religious or nonprofit organizations. To apply for a permit, go to Transient Retail License Application and follow the regulations at Solicitation Information.
To assist residents, following is a list of permits that have been issued in Upper Allen Township (Check back regularly as permits are approved).
|No Active Permits at this Time||N/A||N/A|
Important things for residents to remember:
Never open your door to a stranger, and do not allow yourself to be bullied by anyone who wants access to your home. If you feel threatened in any way, at any time — call 9 1 1
- Each solicitor is required to carry (at all times) a photo ID and a copy of the permit issued by Upper Allen Township.
- Residents may (and should) request to see the solicitor’s photo ID and township issued permit.
- If someone is soliciting without a permit, residents should CALL the POLICE NON-EMERGENCY # (717) 238-9676 to report them, or any other unusual behavior you notice.
- Solicitation shall only occur within Upper Allen Township during the following hours: Monday – Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM Sunday/Holidays 1 PM to 8 PM.
- Again, if you feel threatened, call 9 1 1.
- No solicitor, peddler or canvasser shall contact any residence within Upper Allen Township that has a sign posted in the window or door indicating solicitation/canvassing is not desired at that residence.