Mechanicsburg Area Parks And Recreation
Tonya W. Brown, Director of Parks & Recreation
Sue Canniff, Recreation Specialist
Amy Thomson, Administrative Assistant
Jenna Smerling – Childcare Coordinator
Mechanicsburg Area Parks & Recreation strives to provide a wide variety of programs in recreation and leisure for individuals of all ages and abilities. The department contributes to the community by developing and maintaining parks and other recreational facilities that beautify and serve the Mechanicsburg area.
The Mechanicsburg Area Parks & Recreation of Mechanicsburg, Shiremanstown, and Upper Allen in cooperation with the respective boroughs, townships, and organizations within the communities, enhance the quality of life and work together to accomplish our mission.
- Pre-registration is essential; unless otherwise stated, do not come to register the first night because the program may be filled or canceled.
- Attend the first night of a program as scheduled. No confirmation will be made except for postponement or cancellation.
- Registration will only be taken with payment.
- Payment for these programs, except aerobics, must be received one week before the first class.
- The Adult Programs are for those 18 years and older; unless otherwise stated.
- A $20.00 charge will be added to any check returned by the bank.
- If a program is canceled by the Parks & Recreation Department, participants will receive a full refund.
- We will issue a refund with a 10% administrative fee deducted for any multi-session program for any reason as long as you contact us
- prior to the second class. After the second class, no refund will be given.
- Refunds for one-day activities are not possible after the event has taken place.
- We reserve the right to cancel programs due to insufficient registration or to make late changes in programs to provide the best possible instruction and facility utilization.
- Programs in school facilities are subject to change when they conflict with regular school activities. Advanced notice will be given and make-up sessions scheduled.
- No smoking is permitted on school property.
- Waiting lists will be formed when classes are filled. Every attempt will be made to accommodate persons on these lists.
- If you are interested in teaching a class or if you have a program idea, call the Parks & Recreation Office at 717-691-4572.
- Anyone with a disability needing special accommodations, please contact the office two weeks prior to the activity.